Hi Friends :)
When I was in Grade 5, my Mom (who was a full-time elementary school teacher) went back to University to complete a Bachelor's degree part-time. She would teach all day, do her prep work for her class, be active with my dad & us kids, be involved at church and take evening classes. I have no idea how on earth she did this. Seriously. She ended up graduating with honors.
In one of my latest posts, I expressed that the next step for me was to acquire the Multi-IFR Rating. I will be honest with you, I am finding it a challenge to possess the concentration to study after working an 8-10hr day. I come home and I'm done. I need your help - I need prayer. I need stamina & concentration if I am to finish this task in a timely manner.
You know the story about the tortoise and the hare?
I am the tortoise - slow & steady. Ask anyone who has climbed a mountain with me :)
My energy levels require me to run like a tortoise - to pace myself. This is a lesson I revisit often. I find it tricky though when there are many large things to accomplish in a relatively short amount of time.
The verse that came to mind today was found in Hebrews 12:1~
"Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."
It reminds me that it is not a sprint. Sprinters cannot run long distances well. If this verse uses the word endurance, then we can infer that the race is not 50m. It requires us to set a pace in such a way that it does not leave us wheezing after 30 minutes.
I realize that my current pace is not working. Please pray for wisdom to know how to adjust my schedule so there are more optimum studying times.
Thanks friends~
1 comment:
You know where your strength comes from April..... You will do well, as always, in His timing of course.
Post a Comment