That's right - as the subject reads - this is the week for the acquisition of the Instrument Rating. For the non-pilots, this will enable me to fly safely in clouds and low visibilities only by reference to instruments. If you've ever taken a commercial airline flight - they fly by instruments too!
I wanted to give myself a month to complete the training, however as the theme of life seems to be, plans changed. Between the availability of my instructor, the airplane and myself - we are attempting to complete it in a week and a half. The "half" part of the week has already happened and now Lord willing on Monday I'll pass the written exam and on Friday successfully complete the flight test. I was reminded again this week, after feeling very overwhelmed, that it is in my weakness that He is strong. I've been praying that His peace will come upon my mind and heart and remove this anxiety. I believe He is answering this plea as I've felt quite calm since Thursday morning. I trust that this peace will continue.
So friends, I ask you to pray with me throughout this week and then we can all watch together how the Lord works!
... that His peace will be in my mind and heart as I learn the knowledge and practical skills this rating requires.
...Mental stamina to put in full days of flight training
...I'll recall the information that I have learned and studied as I write the written examination on Monday
...I will not feel overwhelmed! To focus on one day at a time!
...I will get better fast!! I woke up with a cold this morning...no good!
Thanks!!
~April:)
These promises are a good reminder for me:)
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:6-9
No comments:
Post a Comment