I'm back with an update on the last two months! As a side note - sorry for the lack of pictures, I forget to take them when I'm with people:(
Summary~
We decided to move my departure date to April 2013 - this enables a more healthy departure pace and to give more time to have a full ministry partnership team before heading overseas.
If you read back in my posts, you will see a common denominator of travel. So much so that my travel tank is full for quite a while! I've had a few people ask if I'm on vacation when I travel....and the answer to that is no - besides a few days in July. I believe that meeting up with people and sharing about MAF and what God is doing around the world can be FUN - so yes, if it looks like I'm enjoying myself - it's because I am:)
July had me in Victoria & Vancouver BC. I was able to catch up with a lot of folks there and hear their hearts and the journeys the Lord has each of them on. I took a trip down to Oregon to visit a few more friends & supporters there. I was able to take a few days off to enjoy the Oregon coast with some friends - a much needed break from traveling.
August had me flying to Ontario, where I got to visit my home church and see good friends and family. Since my newsletter went out in August, my monthly support & outgoing funds each increased by 10% ! Praise the Lord! I'm now over a third of the way to each goal! Thank you to each of you who have come on as financial and prayer partners - go team:)
So what's next?
September.....
Well the time has come to start wrapping things up here. Honestly, I do not look forward to it. My life has been here for the last 9 years. My community. My friends. Three Hills is a very transitional town - everyone knows that. It's a college town and people come and go every 2-4 years. It's just how it is. My friendship group is ever rotating through people as they go or return. "They" being the operative word. I'm the one who stays and others go. This time it is my turn to go and leave my friends here. Not pleasant. It's sad to see this chapter of my life closing, even with the excitement of the new opportunities on the horizon, it still grieves my heart. It has been an honour to be a part of this community. Pray for me please as I try to say goodbye. It really is going to be difficult.
Thank you for praying and I look forward to hearing from you soon,
April
1 comment:
Praying for you, friend. I get the sadness that comes with leaving what you've known...and moving into something new :)
Post a Comment