I am in the last 3 weeks before I head overseas. The technical training is done. The packing is done. The first wave of goodbyes are done. My plan for these last weeks was to spend lots of time with friends and family here in Ontario.
I arrived a week ago, tired from packing and moving and emotionally drained from the goodbyes. I thought if I could just get through this weekend, visiting some far away friends, then I could return home and rest. Well I did get through this weekend - barely - and a few hours after my arrival home, my body let me know that it was done.
Fever. Chills. Sore Throat.
It's now Day 3 and it's clear that I'm not visiting anyone anytime soon. I can only type. I cannot speak. I'm being treated for strep throat.
This was not the plan.
I am tired of being sick. I'm sure people are tired of praying for me in this way.
I honestly haven't been like this ever in my life, but realize that this body of mine is a bit worn down from the whirlwind of the last 6 months.
Thankful to anyone who is not sick of praying for healing on my behalf.
Very grateful,
April
No comments:
Post a Comment