Tonight I'm reflecting on these last several months and realizing that faith and obedience is a lot like that game in youth group where you're blindfolded and without touching your partner, you're lead by voice through a path in the forest, trying not to stumble on roots and rocks. You quickly have to trust that the one who is leading you can see and is right next to you giving clear directions. At the same time you obey their voice and commands, trusting that they are speaking the truth to you and have your best interest in mind....which includes not falling in a ravine. Faith & Obedience are challenging at times, as often I find myself in situations where the commands don't make a lot of sense based on my current surroundings but that is exactly where I need to obey and have faith in the One who is leading me.
What I love the most is when I read the Gospels -Jesus always had things prepared. There is never a time when He is caught off guard or surprised by an extra 4988 people showing up for lunch. Imagine that:) The disciples freak out, but He always has it covered. When the disciples fished all night and caught absolutely nothing, Jesus tells them to cast their nets on the right side of the boat...they obey...and in come their full nets. Then they realize it's Jesus and head to shore where Jesus had already prepared breakfast for them...fish, bread, and all~
If I could only fully grasp the One whom I'm serving, then faith & obedience would come so easy.
For those of you praying with me, I had the first interview with MAF last Thursday. It went well and I'm now in the process of filling out the next part of the paper application. Please continue to pray with me. I have lots of questions, but I still feel that I'm following His lead.
Following in obedience and in faith ~April
1 comment:
April, Walking by Faith, not by sight, Amen
Post a Comment