Monday, November 1, 2010

Geometry

One triangle can never be a square. We discovered this truth this weekend at a Square Dance. It is truly impossible to corporately do these dances with only 3 couples...as we found out:) Unfortunately for us, we were in the dead zone of the speakers so we could only clearly hear statements like "bow to your partner...bow to the corner....circle to the left...circle to the right..." and somehow the other squares could hear many other calls - for their dances looked very organized and fluent. Ours on the other hand, often looked more like a star formation rather than a square. There is apparently rules about returning to your home partner...unfortunately again...we missed those rules so we would immediately weave around the circle and end up on the opposite side of the circle from our partners and the caller would say "bow to your partner"...and then we would scurry across and find our partner again with very confused faces wondering what kind of odd dance this was. This was repeated SEVERAL times. By the end, I had tears of laughter:) It was a wonderful wedding hoe-down!~

I spent this last weekend visiting my dear friends Ruth & Michael. Their home truly is an oasis. It is calm with a large dense forest and a little waterfall stream running through their backyard. I spent many hours talking and listening with my good friend and it was so wonderful to be in her company. I slept soundly in the most comfortable bed I have ever laid my weary body on, covered with the weight of multiple duvets. Gosh, it was heavenly. I could feel my body starting to relax. I wish I could have stayed longer. Ruth & Michael - you'll never know how deeply you both blessed my soul this weekend - Thank You!

I continue to ask the Lord for guidance and wisdom. The other night I was looking for specific verses and came across 2 chapters I had memorized several years ago. It was another reminder to me that the Lord is not surprised by the outcomes of my days. He is not afar off. He is closer than we think.

1 O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!

13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.

17 How precious are your thoughts about me,b]">[b] O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!

Psalm 139: 1-6, 13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment