Thursday, March 10, 2011

Waiting

"Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes." Psalm 37:7

I came across this verse a couple of weeks ago and it gave me a heart check - you know that piercing in your heart when truth strikes you? Luckily I am not experiencing an evil man who is prospering, but this verse still rings true for me. I notice anxiety creeps in when it seems that I'm being left behind. I start to fret. This verse states to rest and to wait. For whom?...the Lord.

I read a story the other day which described waiting:
"The waiting room, a land where time seemingly stands still. It is a place where life is put on hold. In my doctor’s office, it feels like hours have passed, and yet when I look at my watch, it’s been only 20 minutes. When we are in the waiting room, it seems as if progress has come to a screeching halt. "

Waiting seems to be a recent theme in my life and those close to me. People are waiting for doctor's appointments, test results and wisdom to know the next steps for their future. A couple of weeks ago now, I was wisely counselled to wait for God's timing. At that time I was trying to complete the ratings I still needed for the MAF technical evaluation. My dear grandma and I had a good talk one evening and she voiced what I was too afraid to accept. I needed to wait and postpone the evaluations until later on this year. Since making & accepting that decision, I have peace.

"The ability to wait on the Lord stems from being confident and focused on who God is and in what God is doing. It means confidence in God’s person: confidence in His wisdom, love, timing, understanding of our situation and that of the world. It means knowing and trusting in God’s principles, promises, purposes, and power."

Waiting is difficult especially when we are facing unknowns. Pray with me - that in these times as we sit in the waiting room, we shall expectantly look for Him to come and lead us amidst our perplexity.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh April, i really like that verse!!! just what I needed!!
Thanks!

Post a Comment