If it were up to us, we would never feel it. We do our best to avoid it. Ironically, however, it is here in this place where we see more of Him. When we are at the end of our own strength, our own efforts, our own resources, it is in our desperation that the Lord reveals Himself to us. We cry out and He responds.
"In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God. He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry entered His ears." 2 Samuel 22: 7
He promises, "He shall call on Me and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble and I will deliver him and honor him. (Ps.91:15)
Why then, after experiencing His closeness do we return back to our own efforts, our own strength, our own resources? Only one word comes to mind...
Baffling.
No comments:
Post a Comment