Friends, I have great news to share!
After much prayer and counsel, I have chosen to serve in South East Asia. There is a new work that is about to start and the Lord has opened the door into this country where traditional missionaries cannot enter. It's very exciting to see how He has worked over these last couple of months by finalizing the approvals with the government and providing airplanes and personnel.
The program manager would like me there as soon as possible, but there is still some MAF training to complete, so the earliest departure in my opinion will most likely be in late August/early September 2012. I will also need to be fully supported at that time (monthly & outgoing). I wish I could tell you more details about it here, but due to the nature of the work, I need to be careful on what I write. I'll be sending out a newsletter very soon, so for those who are interested, send me your email address to april_lanigan@hotmail.com or Facebook me and I can send you more information about what I'll be up to for the next 4 years!
Thank you to those who have lifted me up in prayer - especially as I have worked out in my heart where the best place is to serve with the gifts and abilities the Lord has given me. The Lord confirmed it to me last week. I and some friends were praying that the Lord would specifically show me which country & program I was best suited to and that His answer would be all around me - wherever I looked. On Friday night I was at a conference center/bible camp where the orientation was held and another group had booked the facilities for that weekend. It was a kids camp and they were sharing the same room as we were. I asked where they were from and they proceeded to say the name of the country that I'll be going to. I have never met anyone from this particular country before and here they were - 100 people of that particular country completely surrounding me. I was absolutely speechless. I know that this is the place He has for me and I can move ahead with confidence!
The Lord has been gathering a team of people who are anxiously waiting to hear all that He will do through this particular work in SE Asia. If He's laid it on your heart to be one of my teammates either in prayer or financial support, please let me know:) It's encouraging to hear from people who are equally anticipating what the Lord will do in that country. If not yet, may I challenge you to prayerfully consider being a part of the team? I know He has some adventures for us and I have valued your encouragement & excitement thus far in my journey:)
Thanks friends:)
3 comments:
Good stuff April. Mer and I are excited for you.
Send me a newsletter! So excited for you :) Watching God's journey with you is so fun and what a blessing!
I will Kristy!!! :) Look forward to seeing you soon!!!
April:)
Post a Comment