Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Another Christmas:)

It's been pretty quiet around the airport these days. Our 2nd year students are finishing up and the rest of us are preparing for the onslaught of new aviators that will arrive in a month. I have been creating training manuals for the instructors and students. It's been nice to do some administrative work after such a busy flying & training season. I am on my last 2 weeks of working at Prairie. Gosh, I love this place. I have great friends here and although people move along a lot - every 2 years usually - our friendships are deep and long lasting. I am really going to miss being a part of this community.

In two weeks, I'll head back home to Ontario for Christmas and then the busyness will start. I have been scheduled for Candidacy Training in Nampa on Jan.9-20th. I hope to visit a lot of you on the west coast of the US & Canada and then head back to Alberta early February.

Please continue to pray that all the preparations will come together quickly. Because I have been requested to go as soon as possible, MAF has slotted me into the training schedule in a much tighter timeline than usual. Where most pilots have a year or so for their team to come together, I will have 3 months (mid-January to mid-April) for my financial partners and prayer partners to be in place. Would you pray and ask the Lord if He would have you be a part of this team?

I would like to thank the individuals who have already come on board and I look forward to serving with you!

Merry almost Christmas:)

6 comments:

Kristin Crume said...

April, if you come through the portland-seattle area we would love to see you, i know your time is super limited but let me know if you will be around this area, i (and matt if he is avalible) would love to meet up with you. And if you need a place to stay near portland (we are about a 45 minute drive from portland and 2 or so hour drive from seattle on the I-5 strip) you have a place to stay with warm food and a bed, though with three little boys i can't promise a ton of quiet! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!
Let's make a point of having a date when we are both in Ontario!
Oh and send me your 'goods'.

Terra

Anonymous said...

Hi April,
I found you on "My Little Warriors" blog site - so enjoy your Christmas and look us up (please!) when you're back in this area in Feb. We'd love to hear more of what you'll be doing!
Love, Miriam on behalf of all of us :)

Flying Squirrel said...

Miriam,

I will definitely give you a call once I'm back in Three Hills!
Talk to you soon,
April

Flying Squirrel said...

Kristin, we'll make arrangements to see each other for sure! I'll get in touch with you!
April

Flying Squirrel said...

Terra,
We'll hook up the next time we're in Ontario - I look forward to visiting with you again dear friend:)

~April:)

Post a Comment