Happy New Year All!!
I am really excited to see what the Lord has planned for me this year - 2011. He's already reminded me that He is ever present and HEARS my prayers and is arranging and moving all around me. Several prayers have been answered already and it's only the 2nd week of January!
I want to share one particular story tonight and I hope my new friend won't mind. This past weekend I flew from Buffalo to Chicago to Seattle to Portland. We had left at 3am in the morning to catch the flight in Buffalo and so I ended up sleeping through the first 2 legs. When I arrived in Seattle, I was rested for my last leg. When I got on the plane I sat in my seat and realized it was an aisle seat - I much prefer the window. A kind woman with a warm smile came up to my row and I asked her if her seat was beside me and she said that actually it was the one I was in! I double checked my ticket and realized that I actually did have the window seat. So the two of us got talking and she asked what kind of work I was in and I shared that I was a flight instructor at a Bible School in Alberta. She wondered if mission aviation was like what MAF does and I enthusiastically replied YES and shared that that was the organization I was applying with. Well what unfolded next was absolutely beautiful. She shared with me about her missionary experience and how the Lord had directed her to acquire her current job and the lessons He was teaching her. Her story was SO encouraging to me and SO fitting for where I am now. She told me that she would commit to praying for me during this process. I felt so loved and was so amazed at what God was doing right before my eyes. We spent the next hour chatting till the baggage carousel. I feel so blessed that Sue was willing to share her story with me and so grateful that the Lord would send her to encourage me. I know without a doubt that the Lord placed Sue in the seat next to me for that flight. I was reminded that the Lord's plans for me are elaborate and good - much better than what I can imagine on my own.
I am so thankful for that sweet meeting on American Airlines #7628 and look forward to continuing this new friendship!
Tomorrow morning I have a meeting with the MAF recruiter to go over next steps. Please pray that we can come up with reasonable time-lines for training. Often my eagerness leads me to create unrealistic expectations for myself. I'm praying that this meeting will be positive and we can continue to move forward in the process.
Thank you! Thank you - to those who are praying for me in this process. I am continually amazed to see how the Lord is moving and making a path for me. Thank you Jesus:)
No comments:
Post a Comment