Yup! It's time! In one week, I'll be on a plane to Nampa, Idaho to the MAF - US headquarters to participate in the 5 day flight evaluation. This is the final evaluation in the application process. (Yay!!) It will consist of oral and written exams, simulator work, and flights. They will be evaluating my regular flying skills as well as how quickly I pick up the new techniques they teach me.
I am really looking forward to it... I hear it's "fun"! I'll let you know later if that's a true statement... At the end of the week, MAF-US will let me know their recommendation of serving with them.
SO, this week is chuck full of preparation!!
Well Team, as we go into this week, here are some praise & prayer requests:
++++++ Praise+++++++
*The IFR ride was successful & I now hold a Single Engine Instrument Rating.
*A good rest this weekend.
*Clear, WARM weather in Three Hills
======Prayer=======
*I'll be flying a plane I have never flown before during the evaluation. Pray that my mind will be able to concentrate this week as I learn the new procedures and get acquainted with this particular manual.
*Continued good weather for some prep flights
*I'll use my time wisely
*I'll get a good rest each night
*I'll relax....(who me?)
Thanks everyone again for your prayers throughout this process and especially last week. I thank you in advance for lifting me up during this prep week and then through Oct. 2-8th in Idaho.
Psalm 63:1-8 "O GOD, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.
When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on you in the night watches. Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me."
1 comment:
April! This is awesome news! I'll be Thinking of you as you take your test, and I'm still Thinking about you coming to live here. :) Congrats on your SEIR! (can I abbreviate that?)
Post a Comment