Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Pair of Jeans

I've never thought of myself as short, in fact, I tell people I have long legs! (ahem...comparatively speaking...) Lately, I've been wondering who the people are who design pilot seats? Are they retired basketball players who after a long career decided to take up seat design? Were they tired of sitting in cramped quarters and in retaliation determined to create their own? I wonder sometimes.

To me, sitting in a pilot seat comfortably is like wearing a pair of jeans - you need to tweak them to make a good fit! More often than not, if they fit in the hips, you gotta hem them at the bottom. Likewise, I use my "shimmies" (aka pillows) to craft the perfect pilot seat fit! Not only can I see over the panel, but I can reach the rudders too! They say that passengers like that...
Perhaps I should go into the seat makin' business myself:)

I can already imagine the commercial now....

....Are you tired of carrying around pillows to see over the dashboard? Have you heard the red wagon joke one too many times? Then we got a deal for you!! With only 5 installments of $99.99, you too can...

Hmm....

For now, I will pack up the shimmies in my suitcase and fly them down to Idaho to try on a Cessna 206 and as always, after a bit of tweaking, I'll be ready to go~

1 comment:

Leah said...

have fun in Idaho!!! You'll do great. Your 'shimmmies' are like a 'card up your sleeve' guaranteeing you'll do better than others! ;o)

Post a Comment