Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pictures and More!

As promised here are some pics from the Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) Technical Evaluation I did in Idaho 2 weeks ago.



A view of Boise and one of the mountain ranges.




I am sporting the official MAF Guest ID badge.




Here I am holding the infamous MAF Standard Operating Procedures Handbook. A lot of these procedures we use as a foundation in our curriculum at Prairie School of Mission Aviation.



Ah the Cessna 206Turbo - my swift steed for the week! I had never flown this type of aircraft before but I was able to pick up the procedures and feel of the aircraft quickly!




My Instructor Pilot Brian Shepson and I with our trusty helmets. MAF US wears helmets when they fly. Don't judge Brian...it was dress down day at the airport..;) He and I flew together all week~ I really enjoyed flying with him.


As I said in an earlier post, I sadly have no pictures of us actually flying. I guess I should have brought along a film crew...

So? What's next? Well I'm flying to Ontario next Saturday to visit family for a week and then off to Guelph, Ontario for MAF Canada's Candidate Orientation. This will be a 2 week engagement of getting to know MAF better and then hopefully at the end of that segment, they will invite me onto staff as one of their Pre-field pilots! The 13 year dream is coming true!

I should find out at that time where I will be placed. There are 2 programs in mind and I/MAF will be deciding at that time where I would be the best fit! Do continue to pray with me about placement. It's a big deal! I will need to make a decision rather soon - before Christmas I'm thinking.

Friends, thanks for being a part of the journey so far by reading the updates and praying for me! I cannot even imagine what adventures the Lord has for us in the near and distant future - but they are going to be incredible! You won't want to miss it - We are going to see Him with our very own eyes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment