Saturday, October 8, 2011

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!

Well friends, I rolled in to Three Hills last night after a week long evaluation in Nampa, Idaho. I have to say, the Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) base in the US is awesome. They welcomed me warmly and were super hospitable. I have very few pictures to show for my adventure as it wasn't exactly appropriate to take pictures during the evaluation flights, but I got some on the ground for you.

First I want to say - THANK YOU for praying with and for me this week. I woke up each morning feeling calm and collected. I had a clear sharp mind and was able to catch and correct any errors I made. I was perfectly paired with an instructor. We connected well and he made me feel at ease. In fact, I had met him 2 years ago at a booth at Oshkosh and we had spent a few hours together then as well. It was really neat that I could fly with him last week.

We were able to fly Monday and Tuesday, the simulator was on Wednesday, and then Friday we flew the last lesson - a cross country and diversion exercise in marginal weather. I had to wait an hour until the debrief. Then....to God be the glory, great things He has done! He enabled me to PASS the Technical Evaluation!!!! I am THRILLED! Praise the Lord!

After the debrief, I met with the Candidate Committee so they could get to know me in the event I was loaned to a US program later on. The people I met there were wonderful and caring.

So that's the news I've been waiting to share with you!!! :) :) :)
Thank you again!!!!!!
April:)

...pictures will come soon.....:)

2 comments:

Keren said...

Yaaaaaay!!!! Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Really happy for you April. Congratulations. JL's asked me about your trip today coz we've been following your blog. What now? Where? When?
a great big hug Sarah

Post a Comment